Golf SpecificInjury Prevention & Treatment
Nova Physiotherapy has a therapist trained in golf specific injuries that will perform a golf specific subjective and objective examination. For example, for a golfer experiencing low back pain (LBP) subjective questions will include;
- On which side of their lower back do they experience LBP and do they golf right or left-handed?
- How much do they play and practice?
- What are their typical warm-up habits?
- How do they transport their clubs?
- Did they make any equipment changes that coincided with the onset of LBP?
- From what part of the body does the patient focus on for developing power in their golf swing?
- Are they currently doing any exercises specifically for their LBP?
The objective exam will include feet, knee, hip/spine position, shoulder, arm position, and grip. In addition, an evaluation of flexibility and strength. A videotaped analysis of the swing can be performed and a golf specific rehabilitation program can be implemented.